Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Water & the Trevi Fountain


Everytime I visit the Trevi Fountain the first thing that draws my attention is the sound of the fountain. It reminds me of a bigger and louder version of the pebble waterfalls people set beside their bed to help them fall asleep at night. You do not only hear the loud trickling of the running water but you hear it hitting against the large pool of water that it is falling onto. For a moment I felt like I was entering a ride at a water park because when the mist from the fountain hits you just right and with the water running down the statues and sides of the fountain your feet can have a tendency to get wet. This has its perks on the hot summer days in Rome. You also hear children trying to splash around in the water and the sound of spare change hitting the water falling to the bottom of the fountain. The water is a huge part of the fountain and every time I visit I notice myself having a new experience with the sound of the fountain.

No comments: