Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fair by the Tiber

Now that the summer is beginning to kick in and tourist season is in full effect more of the seasonal restaurants and nightlife activities are starting to open up. I’m lucky enough to live along the Tiber River in Trastevere and just last weekend they opened up what I like to think of it as a mini fair. When you walk down the steps and reach the pavement along side the Tiber there are rows of restaurants, gelato stands, outdoor wine bars, activities, stands, and all types of people. They have live music and couches set up along the river where people gather and hang out. In better words it was like an up scale carnival. Everything was lit up and beautiful. It’s nice and close to my apartment so I’m sure I will be going back there a lot. It was a really nice place to hang out especially on the hot summer nights here in Rome and it’s a nice change of scenery.

No comments: