Thursday, June 26, 2008

Trevi Fountain Vs. other fountains in Rome

Being that the Trevi Fountain is one of the newer fountains in Rome I have observed that it is much more popular than others I have visited. For example you see tons of people go to the Pantheon but they don’t seem to be so concerned with the fountain there. They may take a few pictures of it but for the most part are not very concerned about the fountain in itself. The Trevi fountain is constantly flocked with people and tourists taking pictures and even locals hanging out. I have noticed that there are a large number of fountains here in Rome, some historical and some just for looks but it is interesting to see how people seem to flock to them for many different reasons. Some are dirty and not filled with water, some are small and some are big. Certain ones even allow you to dip your hands right in to cool you off on a hot summer day. There are many differences when talking about fountains in Rome but these were ones that have stuck out to me the whole time being here and I’m sure if you’ve been to Italy you can relate in everything that I am saying!

No comments: