Thursday, June 26, 2008

Artist at the Trevi Fountain


Unfortunately I missed this very unique event at the Trevi Fountain but was lucky enough to have some fellow classmates share their experience they had with the artist at the fountain with me. They went on a clear and beautiful night to see the fountain and experience it in the dark. Luckily they went on a night where an artist was there shining different colored lights on the statue in the middle of the fountain. By looking at the Picture that a fellow classmate provided me with it looks as though the statue is painted when in reality there are just different lights being shined on it. I thought this was so amazing that you could create such an illusion with lights. I was also informed that the artist was playing a CD of sounds of the ocean. I thought this was very interesting and was curious as to why he would choose to do so when the sound of the water at the fountain is already so overpowering. Although I was not able to be there to see it with my own eyes I’m glad I had the opportunity to hear all about it and see pictures from other people.


No comments: