Sunday, June 15, 2008

Trevi Fountain in the rain.

On my way to visit the Trevi Fountain one day it began to rain. This was not my original intention or theme for going to observe the Pantheon and because of it I almost turned around and went home. But instead I decided that it would make a good blogg entry. As I stood there in the chilly damp air the first thing I noticed was the way the rain hit the fountain. It would trickle down the statues and horses and almost make the fountain look like it was going to over flow. The rain drops bounced off the water and made a distinct notice you would almost have to hear for yourself. The steps around the fountain were extremely slippery! I almost fell several times, and it was funny watching the other few people who were still there slip as well. The lights seemed to glare off the shiny pavement all around the fountain and gave it a sleek florescent look. I noticed that people did not stay as long to observe the fountain obviously because it was raining but also because everything around it was wet and there was really no where to sit and enjoy just looking at the fountain. I thought this was a very interesting observation of the fountain and I liked looking at it in the rain.

No comments: