Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nightlife



You would be surprised to realize how many Penn State students there are here in Rome! We have been here for a little over a week now, and we were bound to bump into some people from PSU eventually, but I think I have officially found the hangout spot for Penn Staters here in Rome, Scholars lounge. I mentiond this in one of my previous bloggs but after going back a few more times, the number of students is crazy. The other night about 90% of the people at Scholars were PSU sudents. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with the fact that it reminds me of a place we would have back in State College. There are student discounts, kareoke, food, good service, and different entertainment every night. It could cater to almost anyones interest. Another nice thing about it is that the people who work there speak extremely good english and seem to like us Penn State Students. The last time I was there we had the whole place yelling WE ARE--PENN STATE! Every person you bumped into was there studying from PSU. The funny thing is that they were not even in the same program we are. Makes me wonder how many more are out there?

Pictures found at http://search.aol.com/aol/image?invocationType=topsearchbox.imageDetails&imgsz=&query=Penn+State

2 comments:

Michael Tumolo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Tumolo said...

Assuming that you came to Rome because it offers something that State College does not, perhaps you should try to find places where the "We are" chant is not notmal fare.